“Sonyachi Jejuri”- as the holy town Jejuri is called aptly by the native Maharashtrians, which means “The Golden Jejuri”, comes alive when one looks from the rooftop of the Khandoba temple at the porch, at the stairs, at the roads, at the entire Jejuri city and at the people around it when they gather here in myriads during the sacred day of Somawati Amavashya(new moon day that falls on Monday) to pay their reverence to their family god Khandoba. A veil of golden yellow turmeric powder engulfs the entire town in combination with the holy chants “yelkot yelkot jai malhar” “sadanandache yelkot” offered by his dedicated followers. The complete area starts to reverberate with faith and devotion. The entire atmosphere gets soaked into the mood of a devine celebration with the purity of golden turmeric. Thus Bhandara of Jejuri has become a universal pilgrimage and an utmost colourful offbeat rural festival. On the very auspicious day, a Palkhi(palanquin) is taken out from the main temple situated at the hilltop carrying the idols of Lord Khandoba and his wife Malsha for a holy bath in the river Karha. The procession climbs down the 200 steep stairs that connect the temple to the ground level along with the protective stone walls. It continues amidst the devotees’ religious chant mixed with their Bhandara(turmeric powder mixed with dry coconut) offering. A golden yellow cloud prevails everywhere the procession goes through. With the holy dip, the ritual of the Khandoba marriage is recreated. At the end of the day, the idols are taken back to the shrine. Thus, Jejuri influences the heart of millions with its Midas touch.
.Day 1 : 31st Jan (Monday) : We will start from Pune at around 10 o’clock in the morning so that we can reach Jejuri temple before the rush hour starts. After reaching the foothill, we need to climb around 200 stairs, but on the way, we will find plenty of photo opportunities. Reaching atop, on the temple premises, we have to wait till the roof gate gets opened. Till then we can shoot the premises activities. And then comes the time for the main event. Getting on the rooftop, place yourself at a vantage point as per guidance. Movement of the Palkhi will start with the throwing of turmeric powder in the air. After covering the whole day program, we are expecting to return to Pune around 9 pm. Over night stay in Pune Hotel. Lunch and dinner will be done according to time and convenience.
Day 2 : 01st Feb (Tuesday) : In the morning, we will start for Kolhapur after breakfast. We will reach Kolhapur in the late afternoon and will shoot the Kushti Akhara to capture the evening activities and practises.
Day 3 : 02nd Feb (Wednesday) : In the morning, we will do the Akhara shoot with the light streaks and young wrestlers. Later part of the day we will explore other parts of Kolhapur. Interested people can pay a visit to the Mahalaxmi temple & do some shopping.
Day 4 : 03rd Feb (Thursday) : We will either start for Khidrapur Temple shoot(subjected to permission) early in the morning, or repeat the Kushti shoot. Then we will pack up and head towards Pune. You can schedule your flight/train later in the evening.
TOUR COST AND TERMS:
Workshop fee is $400 / Rs. 16000/- for the entire trip, per person.
Hotel stay in Pune(31 Jan 2022) and in Kolhapur(01 – 02 Feb 2022)
Local transport from Pune city to Khandoba Temple to cover Jejuri festival and back by comfortable vehicle.
Vehicle to Kolhapur and back to Pune airport.
All Meals during Workshop: Starting with lunch on 31st Jan to end up with Lunch on 03rd Feb.
Quality & professional photography assistance
All meals apart from the above mentioned.
Anything any individual orders personally.
Expenses for personal habits.
Anything that is not included in the “Includes” list.
FAQ & TOUR INFO
What do I get from this photo-tour?
- A thoroughly guided photographic experience by experts in the field who know Jejuri and Kolhapur very well.
- Slide show presentation of photographs and information of locations and events before each day’s shoot.
- Guiding all participants about lens requirement, creative composition and camera settings on the field during photo shoot.
- Everyday review of participants’ photographs.
- Assisting in possible editing guidance.
- Guiding participants in finding photographic locations and vantage points for places and events.
- Helping in finding the local delicacies.
Am I eligible for this tour?
Anyone above 18 years (unless accompanied by a parent or guardian) is welcome to join this photo tour. Below 18 years needs to be accompanied by parents or parents’ consent letter.
I am new to photography. Will I join this trip?
Yes of course. This tour is for all photography enthusiastic people. The more you travel and explore, the more your photographic eye will open. Moreover, our team leaders will ensure to give special attention to the beginners.
I am not a serious photographer, just a traveler. Shall I join this trip?
Yes, you too can join this tour as our tours are designed for both serious photographers and casual travelers for the purpose of both learning and entertainment. But you need to pay the amount of the full fee as the seats are limited and you could take place of a full paid serious photographer.
What equipments are required for this Trip?
Well, even the point and shoot camera will work fine. If you have a DSLR camera, any zoom lens and a wide-angle lens will work best. You may also bring a portrait lens like 50mm or 85mm prime(classic 70-200mm f/2.8 can be the best for the purpose). A laptop with post-processing software, an extension charging board, an external hard drive, and extra memory cards will be helpful. For the review session, you must carry a pen drive along with.
What is the difference between ASP workshop Photo Tours and other tours?
We are not offering a package tour for general tourists; it is specifically meant for photography enthusiastic people and designed by experienced professional photographers. You will discover the place and learn a lot about this ancient city, local people and their culture which is an important part of our travel photography. We will try to observe the local people, their daily activities and cultural beliefs and will try to capture those moments using the right compositions and techniques. Our Team Leaders will help our guests to learn camera settings, framing and as well as post-processing. If that’s what your requirement is exactly, then surely join us for this exciting Sonyachi Jejuri photo tour with ASP. Remember, this is not just an another phototour, it is a phototour wrapped with photography workshop.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- 60 days or more: 75% refund
- 30 days or more: 50% refund
- 15 days or more: 25% refund
- Less than 15days : Non –refundable
OUR LIABILITIES & LIMITATIONS:
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well being.
- ASP shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accidents, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, road blockages, political closures or any troublesome incidents.
- ASP shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
ASP does not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggage, camera, gears & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.
CANARA BANK SAVINGS AC
IFSC : CNRB0000220
REGISTER YOUR PARTICIPATION BY PAYING THE FEES
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if we have to cancel our photo tour, your entire booking money will be refunded.
- We don’t have any control over weather conditions, pandemics, accidents or any medical emergencies. Under any unforeseen condition, we may have to change our schedule. We expect your cooperation under such circumstances.
- In the COVID19 PANDEMIC situation, we expect all our guests to follow the ASP and Govt laid down rules of social distancing and precautions throughout the tour.
Click here to see the entire Jejuri Portfolio.
For more Details :
Contact(call or WhatsApp) #8605013985
Or mail us at [email protected]